Shoulderstand Playground with Dawn
4 Sundays, 10:45am-12pm
Aug. 19, 26, Sept. 2, 9
$55 / non-members, $60 / non-members or $20 for a single drop-in
Students registered for the full semester may attend as a make-up.
This group of classes is for anyone interested in learning or improving their Shoulderstand. Appropriate for all level of students.
In Light on Yoga, B.K.S. Iyengar states that there are many benefits to regularly doing the Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand). The benefits / effects he lists are:
- Harmony and happiness of the human system
- Panacea for most common ailments
- Proper hormone balancing for health of body and brain.
- Proper functioning of glands.
- Healthier blood flow to the heart, neck and chest.
- Good for persons suffering from breathlessness, palpitations, asthma, bronchitis and throat ailments.
- Nerves are soothed and headaches disappear.
- Eradicates common colds and other nasal disturbances.
- Good for hypertension, irritation, shortness of temper, nervous breakdown and insomnia.
- Good for abdominal organs so that the bowels move freely and constipation vanishes.
- System is freed of toxins.
- Recommended for urinary disorders and uterine displacement, menstrual trouble, piles and hernia.
- The mind will be at peace and the practitioner will feel the joy of life.